Image via We Heart It
Yesterday was a fabulous day. That kind of blows my mind since 1) it was a Monday and 2) work has been beyond hectic and 3) I didn't have any coffee! Yet still, it was a wonderful day! Want to know what the difference was? Here's what I think it was:
- I wasn't sidetracked by any unforeseen interruptions (colleagues, phone calls, meetings etc.)
- I got to speak with my very best friend by IM. We've been playing phone tag for a week.
- While speaking with aforementioned bff I realized how we are still so much alike, even though we live in different states. I don't just mean in terms of the usual likes/dislikes etc. Life has been full of changes since college and I think that both of our lives definitely reflect that. We discussed some of our current stumbling blocks and it was soothing to my soul. We found out that we're not alone! We're at the same place in our lives, which again, was oddly soothing.
- I emailed with an ex. It was good to chat with him. We tend to keep in touch every few months. He made me laugh and I hope I could do the same for him. His life is a bit topsy-turvy these days.
- I was able to take my time to get through an intensive (and incredibly boring) task